Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Monday, August 24, 2015

I'm in New Zealand and You're Not

Kia Ora
All week I was thinking about how you guys were in Lake Powell. My heart melted a little bit inside. But its alright because I'm in New Zealand and you guys aren't! ha...jokes on you!  I am the minority in my zone right now but its totally cool! South Auckland is where all the Samoan and Tongans are so when they see an American missionary they get excited because they aren't used to seeing white Americans so its kinda funny. It gets us in more houses! 

I'm getting along with all the other missionaries just fine, we are all like best friends. It's so awesome! I forgot to tell you im in a trio too haha, the other one is Elder Ratu, he is a Visa waiter to go to Vanuatu. I love both my companions and we have a ton of fun together. We get work done too. 

Because our area is small we walk everywhere and by the end of the day I want to cut my feet off. We are always out and about talking with everyone we see about the gospel. That's what I love about the area I'm in.  It's pretty poor here and a lot of these people need the gospel in there lives and you can tell they want to hear our message. When we meet someone new and we are trying to get to know them they will start telling us there problems they have and it makes me happy because that opens the door to share the gospel with them! 

I had a cool experience this last week.  My companions asked me what our goal should be for the week and I told them we need to find a new investigator. The next day we find a 15 year old boy who wanted to know about the gospel. We invited him to be baptized and he said he would love too! So he wants to get baptized on his birthday in September!! I'm so excited for this kid! We've only taught him one lesson so far and that was the restoration. But things are looking good and I'm so excited. 

The end of the week last week did get kinda slow with talking to people and we weren't having much success. It really got to me and I didn't know what to do. On the inside I felt down on my self, but on the outside I seemed to still have a smile on my face. I don't know how else to explain it. I know the Lord is watching over me and I can feel his love. Its so crazy all of the different emotions you can feel in such a short amount of time. 

Oh, on Saturday the zone leaders had a baptism for two of there investigators and it was cool to see that on my second Saturday here. Afterwards there was a massive Samoan dinner. My plate was almost a foot high in food. No joke!!! So many different types of meat! I ended up having Pig, Horse, 4 different types of chicken and 3 different kinds of fish! It was so freaking good! 

With being in a trio and living with the zone leaders I get to go on trade offs with the zone leaders sometimes so its cool because its more opportunities for me to teach. Man Its hard to describe everything thats happened in the past week. 

Sunday was sweet, after church and a few meetings we went over to a members house for an FHE activity and the dad is in a band thats pretty popular I forget their name but they are way good. Anyways...when we went over to his house he had a mixer, and so he taught me how to use it and it was so sick! We had a little jam session together. 

Thats' my week! Tell everyone I miss them a bunch and I love them! 

Elder Shannon      

No comments:

Post a Comment