Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, September 27, 2015

My First Transfer

Hello!

This week has been the most emotional feeling week I've probably ever had my entire life. Emotions were all over the place. This week was transfer week, and its funny because Pres. calls the missionaries who are getting leadership roles on Monday and those who are transferring get a call on Tuesday. So those 2 days missionaries call each other to try and find out information about who's going where and who are the zone leaders and district leaders so its kinda funny to see all the elders trying to find out info. So it was pretty exciting. 

So at this point me and my companion aren't getting transferred and we aren't supposed to anyways because I have to finish my 12 weeks of training. We were excited because everything was going really well and this was my companions last transfer and we were going to go hard his last transfer. Wednesday morning comes around. At around 7:30 in the morning we saw we had a missed call from President, we call him back and he doesn't answer. Me and my companion start thinking of why he would be calling because all transfers were over with. He finally calls us back and wants to talk to me. He asks me how I was bla bla bla, He than says to me "Elder Shannon, I have a new assignment for you." I say "okay" He went on to say "I need you to go up north, I need you to go up north and be a district leader in Kaikohe." I was shocked. I told my companion and he started freaking out! President told me that he needed me up there and that I would no longer continue my 12 week training. I had know idea what to say to anyone I talked to. Once my companion realized that we weren't going to be together we both started to tear up. I was looking forward to killing my companion. He was proud of me though but we both new it was going to be hard to say goodbye because I would never see him again cause he is from Australia. 

Word spread pretty fast around the mission that I was going to be a district leader. So I quickly packed my things and got ready to leave. Thursday is transfer day. We showed up to transfers and everyone was looking at me and it was so weird cause I didn't know what to do!!! I go and meet up with my zone and we had a little meeting with everyone who was transferring before we all left. After the meeting, I went to everyone in my last zone and said goodbye. It was hard because I got so close with a lot of the elders in that zone. But the hardest one was my companion. We looked at each other and both started to cry knowing we will probably never see each other again. At this point I have felt every emotion. I was excited, happy, scared, nervous, terrified, sad, angry, etc... 

Long story short I am now up at the tip of New Zealand serving the lord. I have a car again because our area is massive. We cover 2 wards that are super small. One of them is close to being changed to a branch and the other has about 40 people that come to church on average. So things are different up here. The population is mostly Māori. My new companion is Elder Blandford. He's really weird and pretty slow. He's supposed to be senior companion but he's not all there in the head so I have to take charge of everything and on top of that I have to figure out how to be a district leader. 

The work is slow, very slow here. My district is full of sisters, no elders so that makes it harder cause I have to deal with drama. That makes me "Relief Society president". That what everyone calls me now... Its hard getting used to everything because I just finished getting comfortable with my last area. So its going to be a difficult transfer, but I understand there is a reason that I am here so I’m going to make the most of it. There is also a rumor that I might be a zone leader in a transfer because my companion has been serving up here for a while and he thinks he will leave and one of the zone leaders leaves this next transfer so that's why that rumor is going around. People are also calling me future AP. So this is all so crazy, I don't know how to deal with it all but I’m trying my best. Other than that, that has been the highlight of my week. I don't know what else to say. 

I love you mom and I miss you! Talk to ya soon!


Elder Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment