Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Monday, October 26, 2015

We went and sat down and Talked....


Hello

This week was pretty cool. In one of our wards there is this Mexican American lady who married a guy who served his mission in Michigan and they found each other and got married. But that doesn't matter. She had us over for dinner Tuesday night and she loves America. She made us American hotdogs with some sloppy Joe meat. Oh and they had REAL ketchup! It was so amazing. I forgot how much I miss American food! Its hard to get American food here in New Zealand. They are probably one of my favourite families. Since her husband served in the U.S. he got into football and so it was cool cause we are able to take about something that I know haha. They are the kind of family that I can just joke around with and make fun of each other! They are so awesome. I can just be myself and it makes it so much better. 
Man I can’t think of what to write in my letter right now. The week was pretty normal. I don't have a story to tell like I normally do. We did visit quite a few less actives this week and when we went over to there houses me and my companion decided to go in and just be friends with the family. We didn't want to pressure them into doing anything. It was cool because we went and sat down and talked.  Talked about normal stuff and didn't shove the gospel down there throat. It was very effective. After we shared a spiritual thought like we normally would. And come Sunday we had three of the less actives we visited came to church so it was super cool. 
Yesterday was pretty good. Church was super good and just our day in general was awesome. We got some quality visits in. Later towards the end of the at around 6, the zone leaders texted us to come spend the night in Kaikohe because that's where all the other elders stay. They all live right next to each other. So we went there last night and just hangout with everyone. We live so far away from everyone its nice to see other elders. And none of them are in my district so I can’t doing anything with them so it sucks. It was a good night. 
Oh haha I totally forgot. We had our interviews with president this week. I can’t believe I forgot about that. Interviews were awesome! Being able to talk to president about whatever was nice. I had heaps of questions and so it was nice to finally have them answered. The words he spoke to me were very inspiring. He motivated me to do so much and to continue to keep working hard. I also got to interview with his wife and that was awesome. As a mission we are trying to read the BOM in 90 days. So she asked me how that was and we ended up getting into a deep discussion on what we were reading about and it was the coolest thing haha. We lost track of time because of the discussion we had. But it was overall really good. President told my companion he will most likely get transferred because he has been in this area for 6 months now. So I’m probably getting a new companion in 2 weeks. 
This morning was pretty cool, we got to play some touch this morning and that was really fun. Touch is like rugby, the rules are a little different and its basically 2 hand touch. I’m running out of things to say so this letter will be a little shorter this week.


Elder Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment