Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, November 1, 2015

All Black Everything!!

Nov 1, 2015

Kia Ora,

So many things have happened this week. First of all, The All Blacks made it to the championship game. They were going to play Australia for the championship. It’s the biggest rivalry in all of rugby. So you could imagine that people are going to be locked in to see the game. That’s all everyone has been talking about. 

As missionaries there is almost no way to avoid it. Every house we go to they are watching rugby. All the games are on at like 3 am so people watch them during the day or at night. Long story short the All Blacks beat Aussie for the championship. This country has gone nuts!!! They have won 2 straight world cups. It was pretty funny too. The game was early Sunday morning at like 7. People were later to church. Some people didn't come till after sacrament because of the game. So our sacrament attendance was really low yesterday. And the reason I’m emailing later than normal is because we just dropped off our zone leader at the bus stop to go down to Auckland because he is going home. The best part is, is that the other zone leader is going to be with me and my companion until Thursday. Thats when transfers is. So this week is going to be very anticipating for everyone to see whats going to happen. 

This last week was pretty great. Tuesday I took my district out to dinner at a BBQ place in the town of Paihia. It’s the resort town very rich there and very beautiful. Everything is right by the beach so it's pretty cool. Thursday we had zone training which was pretty mean.  On Saturday me and my companion went out with the sister missionaries and that was a freaking blast! Haha sister missionaries teach so differently too. It was so weird, it’s not bad, but I wouldn't have expected it to be so different. 

Everything is going really well right now though. I'm starting to learn more about the Mauri culture and it’s super interesting. I feel like I’m starting to become a part of it in some way. So its really cool. All their traditions are super cool. The people are super close to the spirits. That's kinda their culture and so they base a lot of their traditions of of family and ancestors. So I get to hear heaps of stories about older generations of people. 

Dang these letters get harder and harder to write every week. Oh last night was pretty fun. Because our zone leader was going home he burned his suit last night and we just hung out for his last night. I know I keep going back and fourth in between things but me and my companion came up with a huge list of potential investigators and its pretty freaking long so we are pretty excited about that and hopefully we can finally get some one to teach. My companion has been up here for 6 months and hasn't taught anyone in the past 3 so we are hopping to change that this week. Another thing I’m excited for is that I get to go down to transfers. I’m excited because when you serve in the auckland area, you get to see other missionaries all the time. In the north you hardly get to see your district. So going to transfer meeting will be so great just to see other missionaries haha. 

Thats all I have for this week. I love you all and miss you! 


Elder Shannon 

No comments:

Post a Comment