Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I Love It Out Here!!

Nov 22, 2015
Kia Ora

This week has been a pretty solid week. Tuesday really got the week going for us. It started with a sweet district meeting. My lesson basically went for an hour and a half and we had a sweet discussion. The spirit was so strong. Like it got to the point where I was no longer standing up leading the lesson. It just turned into a discussion. It was so freaking cool. Everyone was talking and had insights to give. We lost track of time and had to end it haha. But it was awesome. 

After district meeting we had an appointment at 2 with this lady named Jo. We taught her the restoration and we were planning on inviting her to be baptized but I felt prompted to ask her if the missionaries in the past asked her about baptism and she told us they did and that she just isn't ready yet. But she still wants to have lessons and stuff but me and my companion are really hopping she sees how important the gospel is. 

Later that day we found someone who was interested in talking with us about the gospel. His name is Shannon and so when we met him it was pretty easy to start a friendly conversation with him haha. He said he was busy but he told us that he would take our phone number and he would call us. So we are waiting for him to contact us. That really got our week of to a good start. 

The rest of the week we have been working with heaps of less actives and doing a lot of tracting. Through tracting we have found heaps of less actives through that. So that’s who we are currently working with right now. We are almost out of doors to knock. Our faith is being tried over and over again. We are constantly praying for something good to happen because all we do is knock doors and nothing comes of it. Our members have been slacking in doing there part of the work. We gave talks on Sunday on how the members can improve the missionary work. I was so excited when the bishopric gave this for our topics. Me and my companion smashed the ward. We decided that the ward needed to step up there game because we cannot do this alone. I was straight forward with them and just simply said. "You guys are not fulfilling your duty as members." Thats what I said. Than I gave them the quote by Joseph Smith in PMG saying "After all that has been said, the most import duty is to preach my gospel." That does not just go for missionaries, its goes for member as well. I asked the bishop after sacrament meeting if I was to harsh on the members and he said no that was perfect. Afterwards members started coming up to us and saying they are going to do all they can to help us. My companion and I got so pumped! We just hope they actually do help because we are becoming very desperate and we need there help. 

I finally worked things out with my companion. He started to realize what happens when he tries too hard and doesn't listen to the advice I have to give  him. He learned the hard way and he apologized for it. So everything is all goods between us. We were able to get along much better this week and we have started to come closer as a companionship. Things are starting to go upwards right now. Hopefully we can carry that with us this upcoming week. 

Something that has been really interesting going on in the mission field is what we are hearing about the world right now. We are hearing everything and we all think the second coming is going to happen very soon haha. Nah, but for reals the world is going crazy and you probably already know that. Ronda Rousy lost her fight and everyone freaked out about that.   Anyways, I’m still learning heaps and my faith is being tested every day! Staying focused  on the work is the only thing I can do at this point. I have enjoyed every minute out on the mission so far. Freak I love it out here! That’s all I have for this week! Love ya! 


Elder Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment