Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas Week

Hello 

This week has been so freaking good. The work was super slow this week because the little town we cover of about 700 people were all gone for Christmas. So the work was really slow but we ended up getting by. 
Tuesday after district meeting we had a lunch at the senior couples house with our district. And it was sweet. We were at there house for most of the day. We got caught up talking for ages and lost track of time. We finished around 4 o clock that evening. That was basically the highlight of the day. But the closer we got to Christmas day the more people we noticed weren't home so it was pretty tough to find things to do. It got frustrating at times. But all we wanted to do was just make it till Christmas and after that most people will have returned home. 
Thursday was a pretty sweet day as well. We showed up at a members house just going to visit because we really didn't have anything else to do so we would just stop by to see how they were doing. It was about 6 in the evening and they were preparing dinner and when we showed up the invited us to join them. We tried to talk them out of it because we wanted to be nice and not to interfere with there dinner. But we all know, that when missionaries show up to a members house and they are in the middle of preparing dinner and they ask you to join them randomly, you really just want to yes. So anyways we ended up eating with them for a nice Christmas eve dinner. So I was really pumped about that. 
Then we have Christmas day. Oh I have been waiting for ages for this day to come. I have had 3 packages sitting next to my study desk at our flat just waiting for me to open them. Friday was the day I could. Christmas for us is just another day off. We had 4 meal appointments lined up. 2 breakfast, 1 lunch, and 1 dinner. I have never eaten so much in such little time in my life. Elder Shumate and I were stuffed. We got to our dinner appointment and my companion couldn't eat anymore.  I took one for the team and tried to eat as much as I could. After that when we got in the car and looked at each other and said "lets go to sleep". So we went back to our flat at about 7 and passed out for the rest of the night. We were so tired. But the day was awesome. 
We went to our ward mission leaders house to open our packages. And every family we went to visit gave us gifts as well. Most of it was chocolate but they gave us heaps. We will be able to survive off that for the next 6 months like honestly. We are just freely handing out chocolate to anyone we see. 
We were able to skype home the next day which was super exciting. That was the highlight of my week. But freak it was such an awesome week. First Christmas on the mission was a success! Its crazy to think I have been out for 5 months now. Time flies by so fast. I just really love it out here. Even though it can get tough at times, I am still enjoying every minute of the mission and there is no place I would rather be right now. I don't have much else to say for this past week. New years is going to be pretty sketchy because everyone in our area has a WOW problem. So there is going to be heaps of drinking and the police are setting up stations where they to check to see if you have been drinking. I have had to do it twice already. Its pretty interesting haha. So this will be an interesting week to see how things go this week. Thats all I have. I love you all! 


Elder Shannon





No comments:

Post a Comment