Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, December 13, 2015

I Love to See the Temple

Malo Su Fua
(hello in Samoan)

This week was so freaking good! I would just like to start off by saying how great the temple is! It made me think how lucky we have it in Utah. We had to drive for a total of 5 hours to get to the temple. But it was so worth it! The spirit I felt in the temple was unreal. When we were in the celestial room just waiting and I looked around at all of the other missionaries and it was just so cool to be with other missionaries and feel their spirit in one room at the same time. So the temple was awesome! Afterwards President bought all the missionaries ice cream! ha he is the man! It was cool because I had heaps of questions I needed answered for that week so I was able to ponder on them in the temple. 

Thursday was a mean day. We had trade offs with the zone leaders. I stayed in our area and my companion went to their area. Anyways we were going to one of our appointments and we have this one guy who is super keen to listen to us and so we were planning on setting him for baptism. When we get there his whole family was over. We got talking to them and we started talking to his partner and his daughter and we started talking about the plan of salvation and they started to get really interested. So it went from one man to a whole family! We were so pumped! So now we have a whole family to teach. We have been waiting for something like this to happen for ages and we feel like we are starting to see the blessings from being obedient and listening to the promptings of the holy ghost.

The rest of the week was pretty simple. Nothing super crazy happened this week. I am running low on time today because we have our zone p day and so everyone only gets limited time emailing…ugh! This upcoming week is transfers and everyone is making their predictions for who is going to get transferred. It’s funny because that’s all everyone has been talking about for the past few days and they are all super anxious to see if they are getting transferred. We will find out tomorrow the transfer news. I don’t know if I can wait that long, haha. It’s driving me nuts! 

Everything is going pretty well in NZ! Im learning more and more about the culture everyday! It’s so cool to learn about. It doesn’t feel like Christmas. It’s way too hot for it to be Christmas. I miss the snow. ha I never would thought I would be saying that but I do. Dang it I have to go. Next weeks email will be longer but for now. I say, so long and until next time.


Elder Shannon








No comments:

Post a Comment