Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sit down with the President

Kia Ora

This week has been so good for lots of different reasons. One of them is the senior couple that is in my district went home during Christmas and were gone for the next few weeks because they had a death in the family and on Wednesday they came back. I got our district together and we all went over to their place to say hello. We all brought treats and had a little get together to welcome them back, so that was exciting. 

On Thursday we had our interviews with president which were so good. Oh boy I loved it! We got interviewed by him and his wife and we just told them how we were doing and if we needed help with anything. I asked heaps of questions about my district and things I can do to improve. It was just awesome! The worst part of it was My companion and I were at the stake center all day because I had to wait for my district to finish interviews before I could meet with him. We were at the chapel for about 6 hours that day. So the day felt like it went on for ages. But it was algoods. 

I also found out I might be getting transferred not this week but next week. I got one of the AP's to tell me. He said I am most likely going to get transferred so that was interesting. On Friday we went on trade-offs with the zone leaders for the second week in a row. I was able to go out with Elder Seumanutafa this time. He is Samoan. Anyways, it was mean! It’s nice being with someone who is experienced and learning from them. 

Trade-offs are cool because it’s more of a learning experience. A lot of missionaries use trade-offs to get away from companions or to be with someone else. But It was really good. We were in our area this time and it just went really well. Saturday was pretty usual. Sunday was a solid day. We got to attend the new branch we cover which was sweet. There were only like 20 of us there but we had a whale of a time. The speakers didn't show up to sacrament meeting, none of them so the branch president called on my companion and I to talk out of nowhere haha. It went pretty good though. We left church with 12 referrals of people we can go see so that was sweet. 

During our interviews I asked President for more K's because the amount we have now limits us on where we can go and when. I had to beg in interviews to get the amount I wanted, but I got them. We received 1200 more K's which is plenty so now we can go to all 3 of our areas in one day if we wanted! So we are pretty busy now and we always have something to do. My companion and I are starting to get transfer trunky even though transfers is still 1 week away so we are going to try really hard not to let it bother us and just go to work. My companion gets it worse than me though its pretty funny haha. I’m struggling with a few of the sisters in my district because they take things a little too serious. I try to get them to loosen up but they won’t. They are pretty robotic. It’s not too big of a problem but it just bothers me. Other than that things are going alright right now. 

I don't really have anything planned for my birthday yet but Elder Seumanutafa one of the zone leaders b day is 2 days after mine and we thought about doing something together. We are still trying to figure it out though. Freak, I turn 19 this week . That is weird haha. Oh we also have a worldwide missionary devotional this week that we get to watch which I am so excited for. That’s all I have for this week though. I hope you have a great week this week. I love you!


Elder Shannon   

No comments:

Post a Comment