Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Rivalry Begins

Hello

This week has been pretty crazy. It started off on Tuesday when we were going to visit a less active lady we met at the fish and chips shop in the small town of Moerewa. So we went over to her house to get to know her a little bit more. We found out she was baptized a few years ago but felt pressured into getting baptized. So that is her reason from falling away. She also told us that she had been meeting with the JW's (Jehovah Witnesses). We were extremely disappointed. The JW's are our biggest competitor in Moerewa. So she asked us what separates us from other churches and we talked about the plan of salvation for a little bit and the requirements it takes to go where we need to be at the end of this life. And it was at that point we realized that she doesn't remember anything the missionaries taught her in the past. But it was algoods because she like what we shared with her at the door step and so we gave her a Plan Of Salvation pamphlet with our number on it. So that was really cool. We are basically planning on reteaching her all the lessons again and hope to reactivate her. We just have to get there before the JW's haha jokes. That s just a little joke me and my companion have with that scenario. But we are really hopping to get her back because she is super keen.

Wednesday and Thursday we were able to go on trade offs with the good ol' zone leaders which was a hoot. We started at around 4 o' clock on Wednesday and we were going to do 24 hour trade off. Oh and this was my favorite part. Every Wednesday heaps of people go to the park to play and the zone leaders go and they have less actives that go as well as investigators so its really cool because they get to be with all them and its a great opportunity to find. But we were able to go play for a few hours. Every one there was so good. I felt so dumb. I know all the rules and everything, but everyone is just so dang good. But it was super fun to play and I had a good time. But because both of the areas the zone leaders cover are super spread out we didn't get to go proselyte so Elder Cunningham, one of the zone leaders, took me to a cool look out in there area. I will send pictures of them. But it was sweet. Thursday came around and we were able to go out and proselyte and get some work done. Trade offs were super good.

Friday comes around, and we are almost done with weekly planning. We get a call from an unfamiliar number. I answer it and it turns out to be my companions dad. So I gave the phone to my companion to talk to him. It turns out that he had a member of his family had passed away. He was torn up about it and I don't blame him. He talked on the phone with his family for a while and than came and told me. Later that night we had the zone leaders over and we were able to talk to him and just comfort him. I was worried about him and how I would be able to handle it. The only thing I could think of was to just go out and work. I figured that would be the best way to get it off his mind. So I made sure we were always doing something and not giving him time to think about home. It’s been really hard on me because I don't really know how to handle it. I will talk to him about a few times and give him my thoughts. That kinda works but I can’t control what is on his mind all the time so its really hard. I feel super bad for him. But I am still figuring out how to handle it and the situation. 

Thats basically the week for me. Heaps has happened and I have to say it has been a pretty hard week on my companion and I. I am just grateful for this gospel and everything it can do for us. It helps us so much. Other than that everything is going pretty good. Our areas are getting better. Oh and speaking of which, President gave us a branch that we cover now so we cover 2 wards and a branch now. So that is pretty exciting. Things are going really well. We have interviews with president this week and I’m super excited about. But thats all I have for this week. 


Elder Shannon  




No comments:

Post a Comment