Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, February 28, 2016

It Has Been Rather MOIST!


Hello,

This week has been awesome! On p-day last week after emails, we spent the day in the city just hanging out and went to the sky tower. It was pretty neat. We walked around checking everything out. I didn't have my camera on me so I didn't get any pictures and I was pretty bummed about that. 

Wednesday was pretty sweet. We went to visit one of potential families and see how they were doing. We went in their home and we showed them some Mormon messages and they loved it. They were so interested they wanted to see more so we told them we would do an FHE with them. That was pretty exciting. From that we got 4 new investigators.  So in total in the past 8 days we found 6 new investigators! Its been so awesome! It really has been a miracle that this has all happened for us. Everyone that has previously served in this zone said it was a dead area because everyone is rich as and no one wants to listen to ya. So we have been able to witness miracles this past week. It’s been really cool.  

On Friday we had another miracle. We went to have a lesson with our recent convert and when we showed up to the house, one of our less actives we are working with, was there with one of his friends hanging out. We said hi and talked for a little bit and than invited them to sit in on the lesson if they wanted. About 5 minutes into the lesson they come in and sit down on the lesson. Then 20 minutes later, one of our recent converts friends come in, and she is a non member, and she also sat in… so there ended up being 4 other people there. It was so mean! Everyone was getting involved and asking questions. The spirit was so strong. Like when I bore my testimony at the end, I didn’t really know what to say. The next thing I know I’m talking and words are coming out. It was crazy! The words just came to me. It was such a cool lesson. My companion and I couldn't stop taking about it haha. 

Sunday was mean, Aussie and NZ all had a stake conference yesterday. It was a video conference with Quinton L Cook and the Area Presidency. It was pretty neat. They talked about what it really means to have faith and to trust in our Heavenly Father. 
I’m running low on time or else I would share some of my notes but it was really cool. 

Things are going really well. This weekend was so freaking humid. It was unreal. Every house we went into was terrible. Sleeping sucked. You can just feel the moisture latch on to you and you feel really gross. Every where we walked was just terrible. I take 3 showers a day just because I feel so gross all the time. I’m running low on time today though because its our zone p-day and we have other stuff to do so this email won’t have everything I’ve wanted to say so sorry. But all is well. I love you and I hope you get home safely. :) 


Elder Shannon 




No comments:

Post a Comment