Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Trip to Piha

Hello!

Nothing much really happened this week. It was a slow week for us. We weren't able to catch anyone at home and we didn't have very many appointments. We spent most of the week going through our ward list trying to contact some of the people on there and try to update the ward list. 
Tuesday we had  a lesson with the family I talked about last week. We taught the Restoration to them and it went really well. Afterwards the family really wanted to feed us but they weren't able to so they gave us $50 to go buy ourselves a feed. I wasn't too surprised that they gave us money but $50?!? So that was weird. 
We had a pretty cool experience with asking members for referrals. We went to go see our ward mission leader who has been off his mission for a year now. He is really onto it and you would think that if he had anyone for us to teach he would tell us, but we went to his house anyways to ask. Turned out he had a family member that isn't a member and he said he would like us to go over and see what we could do. It was just cool because it reminded me how important it is to ask for referrals no matter who you are asking. That was just a cool experience for me. 
Thursday was a pretty cool day. We had zone training. For that we went on a hike up a mountain. It wasn't super big. We had the training along the way talking about different things. The place we went to was so cool. Its right by the ocean and it is beautiful. I will send some pictures. It was cool because it was all symbolic with the training. It was kinda hard to pay attention because of the view. 
Later Thursday night we had a ward rescue night.  My companion and I went with our bishop who is Tongan and just really large in stature! The goal was to have our bishop smash the less actives that keep coming up with excuses on why they won’t let us in to their homes, haha. It went pretty well. Our bishop is super intimidating. Like I would be scared if he were to get angry. But he is funny. That’s an experience my comp and I look back on and laugh. 
I can’t really think of anything else that happened. It was pretty boring week to be honest. Not a whole lot happened. We still don’t have a car and I don’t think we will be getting one anytime soon. Nothing too new has happened this week. Still haven't heard anything about Skype yet.  Everyone is pretty confused and wants to know. Sorry I don’t have more to talk about. That’s all I have for this week!

It’s cool that Ryan scored! the photos are sweet. I’m super jealous that you are going to Lake Powell! By the way I’m going to need a package soon with some essentials. Anyways that’s all I have. Love ya heaps!


Elder Shannon




No comments:

Post a Comment