Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, June 5, 2016

Not Much Has Changed

Kia Ora

This past week was transfers. My companion and I are staying in this area for another transfer. It's nice not having to worry about transferring or getting a new companion. It simplifies everything for us. Got one new Elder in the district. Other than that my district has stayed the same which is awesome as well so this transfer is going to be sweet! We are both pretty excited.
We had a pretty solid week. We were able to catch up with heaps of our investigators and finally get to sit down in their house and share a message. It's been a long while since we have been able to see all of our investigators in 1 week. So that was awesome. We also had heaps of success just talking to people on the street. People were actually wanting to listen to us and have a conversation which was awesome. A lot of people just shut us down immediately. So this is progress.
With my companion and I staying, we are really going to try hard to improve to make this the best, most effective transfer we have had together. Something that has also been awesome is the amount we are getting fed this month by member's. We have a meal everyday with a member except for Mondays. It's so awesome. We have been working really close with the members to gain their trust and it has worked!! They all want to feed us haha. So we are stacked for this month.
I got to watch The Best Two Years for the first time as a missionary and it was so different haha. I actually knew what everything meant. It was just really good. Man also our chapel was freezing cold yesterday for church. No one knows how to work the heater because it's so old! It's the oldest chapel in all of New Zealand, by the way.  It was freezing cold. It was miserable sitting through all 3 hours haha. But church was good as it normally is.
You know, I have been doing pretty well not really caring about sports until now. Hearing about the NBA finals is killing me right now haha. I don't know why! I guess the good thing is that every one keeps me up to date on it all. So it's kinda been driving me crazy a little bit, but it’s all good.
Something I have been focusing on recently is miracles. Seeing the little miracles that happen every day. It's been cool to see them as I try and focus more on them. I had an awesome experience with one this week; We had just finished lunch on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. We were waiting at the stop lights for us to cross. There were some homeless people on the corner just chilling and we started to talk to them. We talked to them for a while and while we were talking I just felt impressed that I need to do something for them. I didn't have any cash so I couldn't give them cash. I had no idea what the Lord wanted me to do. It bothered me the whole time we were talking to them. I then realized that one of the guys was wearing a singlet and didn't have a jacket. I had a jacket in my bag and so I thought I could offer it to him. My first thought is that he will kindly say no and I will be able to keep my jacket. I didn't think he was actually going to say yes. So I gave him my jacket and then we took off. The whole time while we were riding on our bikes I kept thinking about how much I am going to miss that jacket and that I will need it later that night because it will be so cold! Suddenly I was overcome with a feeling that I have never felt so strongly before in my life. It felt like someone was hugging me. It was instant comfort. I started to tear up while I was riding on my bike. That's how strong it was. I soon realized that I was so worried about myself and how selfish I actually was. I gave him my jacket because I thought It would be a nice gesture. I didn't want him to take it because I thought I would need it more. But the Saviour taught me. He taught me that it never is about me, it never will be. I went back and tried to remember the expression on the guys face and how happy he was to have a jacket. This is something I will never forget. One of the best life lessons I have learned so far. It's incredible what Jesus Christ can teach you. I have a firm testimony that he lives today and he can change lives. HE has changed my life! I just love this whole experience. I am grateful to be here. That's all I have for this week. Love ya heaps!

Elder Shannon    



No comments:

Post a Comment