Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Monday, July 18, 2016

I don't like Goodbye's

Hello

This week has been pretty crazy! It was transfer week. I got transferred to Mt. Roskill stake in the Blockhouse Bay ward. My companion is Elder Chong-nee. He is Samoan from Australia. He was my zone leader when I served on the northern part of the island. He is the man! So it will be good. This is his last transfer and he really wants to pump it out. So I’m excited. My companion is also getting transferred out as well. So Tuesday was just trying to say goodbye to heaps of the members and investigators. It was super hard to say goodbye. I was in that area for 6 months and got really close with  some of the members. We were scrambling around trying to say goodbye to everyone before it got to late. Once we got back we were up till 12:30 packing and updating the area book. It was pretty stressful. 
On Tuesday we had our final lesson with the Makata family. They are the less active family we have been working with. We put it all on the line and tried everything to get them back to church. We came up with a lesson plan just on questions we could ask to help us gain a better understanding of what is really going on. We also tried asking questions about the way they felt when they were active in the gospel. It was awesome, they were very receptive and the spirit was so strong. They started sharing spiritual experiences they had. It was by far the best lesson I have ever had since being on the mission. 
After the lesson we told them that Elder Frew and I were getting transferred and they were pretty gutted about it. But as soon as we told them they apologized for not coming to church after all the times we invited them. They instantly committed to come to church that Sunday. Oh we also took our ward mission leader with us, I forgot about that. It was awesome to hear that they would come to church. I have no idea if they ever went which is kinda bothering me haha but its algood. 
Wednesday was pretty good. Transferred into my new area. I met up with Elder Chong-nee and he showed me around. Later that night we had a ward rescue night. It was good to meet some of the members and be able to go on trade off with them. we got to visit a few less actives. 
Saturday we had a lesson with one of our investigators Manu. Elder Chong-nee and Elder Shumate were teaching him. So we taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it went really well. He loves learning about the Gospel and Jesus Christ. We tried setting him for baptism. He wants to but wants to learn more before he does. Right now we are setting goals with him so he can progress towards baptism. He is the man! He is so cool. 
On Sunday I got to give a talk in sacrament meeting. I spoke about the Atonement and how it relates to missionary work. It went really well. It was one of my better talks that I have given. After Sacrament meeting, we went to Sunday school and the Sunday school teacher didn't show up so they asked if we could teach it. We had no idea what to do but we did it any ways. It went well. It was awesome getting to know the ward more. The week has been good. Still getting used to the area. So things are going pretty well right now. This week we will jump back into the groove of missionary work. But thats all I have for this week. Love you heaps!


Elder Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment