Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Happy Father's Day!!


Kia ora

Well I don't really know where to start this email. Not much has been happening for us this past week. Its been pretty hard lately in our area. Trying to find new people to teach is been a struggle and all of the investigators we have aren't really progressing right now. So we have been trying really hard to work with the members in our ward but all they do is talk about missionary work and don't do it. It’s really frustrating. In our ward council I asked if we could go around to each auxiliary for 20 minutes on the 1st and 2nd Sunday of each month and talk to them and role play with them. 
Right now we have been really focusing with the young men and the primary because the young men like to help us and they know it will help them for when they go serve and the primary kids don't think about the things they do so if you ask them to do something they will do it and show no fear because that's how kids are haha. We are hoping this approach works because the adults just frustrate me. But it’s good for my companion to get to experience missionary work the hard way. My first area was pretty solid. South Auckland is booming with baptisms and really is the only thing that keeps our mission going. So missionary work started off pretty easy for me. With Elder Ateo it’s really good for him and he has a super positive attitude towards everything. He is so humble like any islander you will meet. And to be honest heaps of the white people just frustrate me especially some other missionaries because they can be pretty prideful sometimes. 
Being trained by someone from the Islands helped me realize how pride full Americans and white people really are. So I am really hoping to give him a good experience. To be honest he is better than my last son I trained.  Mainly because he is an islander. His English is coming along really well which is good. He can speak pretty good but has trouble understanding what people say. But it’s algood. I’m starting to get used
to it.

Also this last weekend was fathers day. At least it is in New Zealand ha, so there has been a lot of fathers day activities going on. Something cool I have started doing since I hit my year mark last month is that I have been reading my journal entries from the first half of my mission. I read 1 a day and the one I read is the same day a year ago. Its weird to see how much change has happened in me. The amount of knowledge I have received and all the miracles I have had. Thats been really cool to do.

The month of September is going to be challenging for me because our zone is trying to beat the record of 18 baptisms. That was set 5 years ago in 2011. Our zone leaders really want to try and accomplish that this month! They have put heaps of pressure on me and the other district leader to help make this happen. So it will be tough in trying to get my district to accomplish this. The good thing is that I got the Lord on my side. But thats pretty much all from this last week. I hope you have a good week and I will definitely pray that someone will buy our house. Love ya heaps!


Elder Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment