Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Rain Rain Go Away!

Kia Ora

There is no better way to start a week than by seeing a miracle. So once P-day ended at 6 we went with some other missionaries Elder Kaese and Elder Shem to give a blessing to a less active family in there ward. We get there and the family is there. They are a pretty young family of four.  The Parents in there 30's and the kids are under the age of 10. The father starts telling us that they want to try to come back to church and want us to give them a blessing to help. Elder Ateo and Elder Shem don't have very good English and neither of them wanted to give a blessing because they were nervous about their English. So Elder Kaese did 2 of the blessings and I did another. At this point we still have to give the husband a blessing. For his blessing I thought I was going to give it. As he gets up he stands next to my companion and puts his arm around him and asked him to do it. Elder Ateo said that his English wasn't very good and he doesn't know how to give a blessing in English. The father shares his experience when he gave his first Priesthood blessing and tells him that the spirit has prompted him to have him give the blessing. It was really cool and he eventually got my companion to do it. And let me tell you, there wasn't a word that was miss pronounced or that wasn’t understood. It was honestly one of the coolest blessings I have ever been a part of. The gift of tongues is REAL! It was such an awesome experience to be a part of and to see the spirit work through my companion. The spirit was so strong. After  the blessing was over the father gets up and gives Elder Ateo the biggest hug. Tears were flowing. Freak it was just really cool. When we got back in the car we all started freaking out and going crazy because we were so pumped for my companion. So that was a cool experience from this past week.

Now to my week. We had some solid appointments this past week. It was one of our more busy weeks which was really satisfying. We still need to sort out the baptism of Jasmine because she didn't come to church this last week so we have to push it back. So that shouldn't be a problem. Once Sunday came around Elder Ateo and I were expecting 5 investigators to come to church. Church starts and none of our investigators have showed up. It was one of the most disappointing Sundays I have had on the mission. It was weird because all of them said they would come. We at least thought 3 of them would be there.
But none of them were there which was weird. So that is that. 

But let me tell you. I am getting so sick of the rain. I hate New Zealand winter. It’s not that it’s too cold but it just rains heaps and doesn’t stop. It was annoying all week long. I can't wait for summer to hit.  It’s so close. Oh and it was daylight savings for us this last weekend too. So that was alright. But that’s the week.


Elder Shannon



No comments:

Post a Comment