Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Monday, October 10, 2016

General Conference!!

Kia Ora!

This week has been pretty solid. There wasn't a whole lot of time for proselyting due to it being transfer week and General Conference. So yeah transfers… Elder Ateo and I are both staying which we are excited about. The more my companion talks the funnier he is. Missionaries or returned missionaries that have had comps from Tahiti say that they
are always funny. It is finally starting to show from my companion as well. So its been good for him to get more comfortable with his English. 
One of the missionaries in my district got called to be a District Leader. And when Elders go into leadership, they get a hiding from the other missionaries. Normally it’s a stick to the bum. It’s the way islanders do things. So we gave him 2 solid smacks on the bum with
a stick. I was honored to be able to give him a good ol' wack. So that was fun. The Zone leader one is bad, You get it from every Elder in the zone. 
Tuesday to Thursday I was helping out with transfers with in the zone. Helping people pack, clean, take them places, etc… About half our zone got transferred out which was pretty sad. We were a pretty close zone and super united. It effected everyone within the
zone, so yeah.  
The only day we had to proselyte was Friday. Because of the time difference we got conference a week later so we had that this weekend. I just really love General Conference. It was so nice to have it based around missionary work and the book of Mormon. Almost every talk nailed it for each member in NZ and what they should be
doing. 
One of my favorite talks was from Carl B. Cook. Everything he covered was prefect! Just simply serving and helping each other with in the ward and outside. So I really enjoyed that. There were some things that I could also do better in as well as a missionary. Man
that's all that happened this week. Just really busy with transfers and General Conference. 
Ever since I was sick a few weeks ago I haven't been able to eat as much which is good. But I have been eating a lot lately so…
To answer your question mom - There have been several instances where I have been prompted to do something. Like if we aren't in the car and we are out walking, I will
be prompted to go knock on a house that we pass by and when we knock no one answers or they are not interested. I think it is the spirit testing me to see if I am paying attention. But there have been several instances where I have born testimony and stuff just comes out that I don't even know. It’s the strangest most weird feeling. So yeah. That’s all I have for this week. Sorry I don't have much more to say. 
I love you heaps!


Elder Shannon

Picture of the Tongan Crest -



No comments:

Post a Comment