Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Yup, I'm Blessed to be in New Zealand

Kia Ora,

Man, I am starting to run out of things to say on my emails. Not that anything isn't happening, it’s just that everything is the same and pretty boring. So with that being said I will do my best to make this exciting. I think some of the pictures I have are really nice so that should add to the excitement. 
Monday night I was able to go on trade off with Elder Ateo. They had 2 appointments at the same time so we did a trade off with them. We went to an FHE with a less active family and had a sweet lesson with them. We just talked about prophets and had a little game to go along with it. They are one of those families that if there isn't a game or something involved they won't listen. But once you tell them you have a game for them to play they are so interested. It’s like when you pull out a treat for a dog and they get all excited. It’s pretty funny. 
Tuesday we had a really good district meeting. We went on a drive to the top of one of the mountains here in Whangarei and had an object lesson at the top which was really cool. We talked about prayer and its importance and all of that sort of stuff. It was nice that our district leader mixed it up for us because like me, he is getting sick of us all ways having the same training's. We were able to start off the week really well though this week. Our weeks always seem to start off pretty slow and pick up later on in the week. But this week was different which was really good.
We went to Wellsford on Wednesday which is our other area we cover and went to see our branch president to see if there is anyone that he wants us to see. We were able to get a few new names which was really helpful because that area doesn't have a whole lot going for it at the moment. So that was able to help get us going. We were also able to do a service for one of our investigators there as well. It’s been a while where we have been able to spend quality time in that area and it was nice to spend some time there this week. In our other area, bream bay we received a referral from our young woman's president. The girls name is Rayleen. Now I knew who she was but I didn't know she wasn't a member. she comes to church heaps with her grandma. I honestly thought she was a member. Her dad who is less active and in a gang wants her to be apart of the church. She just isn't quite sure if she is ready to be baptized yet so we will be trying to figure out that whole situation. But we really think she will be able to get baptized. The down side to our week was most of our appointments got canceled last minute which was a bummer. 
Also this week was one of the more trunky weeks that I have had. I started to think about Lake Powell and wakeboarding and that made me super trunky. I just miss it so much and I'm struggling knowing that I only have 5 months lefts till I can wakeboard again. 
Anyways, that’s pretty much how the week has gone. I will include some pictures of our service that we did and some pictures of the sun setting. And these pictures make me never want to leave New Zealand! Every time I look at them I think how blessed I am to be in a place like this. This country is unreal and I'm not even in the best part of New Zealand. I love you heaps and hope you have a fantastic week!

Elder Shannon
















No comments:

Post a Comment