Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Monday, April 10, 2017

4th and Final!

Kia Ora,
Just this last weekend we were able to watch the good ole' GC. And like usual, it is always great. It was crazy as I was watching it, I had the realization of how much I have actually changed over the past 2 years. The fact that I am willing to sit down and watch every session of conference. Before it was skip the Saturday session and do everything I can to make it through the Sunday sessions. But now I hate when my companion has to go to the bathroom in the middle of a talk and I have to miss out on it. Like that happened a few times during the sessions and it was starting to irritate me haha. I had a little laugh with myself after I had this happen. I just never would have thought I would enjoy conference so much. 
I don't have my note book on me at the moment so I won't be able to share as much as I would like to from GC. I forget the Elder’s name, but he talked about learning the language of the gospel and how we can make our homes a place to learn and apply the gospel principals. I did like all of the talks on the Holy Ghost and listening to the promptings. Elder Rasband gave a great talk about it. I liked that he focused on us needing to act when we get a prompting and not trying to second guess whether its the holy ghost or not. "You will get it right 9 times out of 10" I really liked that because we just need to have confidence in ourselves to listen and to act on the first prompting we get from the holy ghost. There were several more I liked but again I forgot my notebook. But overall it was really good. 
It was super weird to think that it was my last GC on the mission. The 4th one. It’s just weird to think about. The next one we will be sitting together as a family watching it. On Thursday this last week we went fishing with our investigators which was super fun. We were able to catch some fish and then take it back to their house and they cooked for us and we then had dinner with them. It was so cool and super fun. I wasn't able to catch anything which was super lame but I guess thats how fishing goes. The dinner was good so that was all that mattered. Our investigators that we went with are Erma and Lawrence. They are super cool. After we had dinner we had a really good lesson about the Book of Mormon.  Erma had a lot of questions which was awesome. That day was just super cool. So that was like the highlight of our week. 
The weather this past week was hectic. It rained so much. I have talked about the rain in previous letters before but this last week was crazy. The begging of the week was just non stop rain. Auckland got hit the worst but there were several areas that flooded and quiet a few land slides. Roads were flooded with water to the point where no one could drive on some of the roads. For us the main highway that goes up and down NZ was blocked in one area it was so bad. It was super crazy. Luckily we didn't get it as bad  as Auckland got it. It was a little scary because they started sounding the tsunami sirens as a drill just to make sure everything was working properly. Just the thought of that scared me because our area is along the ocean and we live 3 minutes away from the beach. So that was intense. 
Here is a funny story for ya, while we were driving "I Believe I Can Fly" came on and my companion said "I love this song" than he started trying to think of who sang it and I told him it was R Kelly. He then said "no he doesn't sing it" I was like bruh... For real. Then we got in a little argument about who sang the song and than I asked him if he had seen Space Jam, and he said no. And than that’s when I knew why he didn't know and understand. I don't understand how you listen to that song without first seeing Space Jam. I told him that is a must see and is a movie I will cherish as one of my all time favorite childhood movies. We had a good laugh about it afterwards so it was good. 
That’s All I have for this week though. 
I love ya heaps mom! 


Elder Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment