Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Elder Kyle Shannon :)

Sunday, May 7, 2017

Unexpected Are Transfer

Kia Ora

Man I don't even know where to begin for this past week. It was so hectic this past week. It was our transfer week this last week. And I wasn't really expecting to get transferred. I thought I would stay and finish up in this area. But that is not what happened at all. I ended up getting transferred back down to Auckland. Which I was pretty excited about because didn't want to finish up north. I was pumped about that. 
I am a Zone Leader again which I wasn't to excited about because I don't want to really have to worry about anyone else. But its all good. I can live with it (hahaha). My new area is in the Panmure Stake in the Stonefields Ward. There are heaps of islanders here which is mean because that means the food is going to be good. My new companion in Elder Whalley. He is from Australia. He is super cool. He laughs at all the stupid things I say which is a plus for me. 
So yeah, I spent all day Tuesday packing and saying goodbye to everyone there. It was a very stressful day because of having to pack and than having to drive to both areas to say goodbye. On Wednesday I left for Auckland. A few other missionaries and I took the bus back down to Auckland. When we got to the bus station down in Auckland no one was there to pick us up. We had to sit outside in the cold for about 30 minutes while we waited for the other missionaries to come pick us up. That sucked because it was cold. 
Our ward is awesome and so is the area. We have quite a few investigators who we are working with at the moment. We haven't really had much time to proselyte this week because we were so busy. 
Friday we had MLC which was really good. It was probably one of the best ones I have been to. It was just super spiritual. President got pretty emotional towards the end. So he showed up to MLC a little bit late and towards the end he explained to us why. He told us that he was taking a missionary to the airport to go home early and then he said that he was going to be taking another one home after the meeting was over. He went on to say how hard it is to call the parents of that missionary and tell them that there son or daughter is coming home early. He started to tear up and than he asked us how we can stop this from happening. We had a really good discussion as MLC group about it. It was probably one of the more spiritual meetings I have had on the mission. I feel super bad for President when he has to deal with a missionary like that who doesn't really care because he is just wasting everyone's time. As an MLC we came up that as leaders we need to step up and stop the problem before it gets worse or try to deal with it ourselves. And if we can't then we talk to President about it. So that was that. 
Saturday and Sunday we have just been going around and trying to meet everyone in the ward. We did have some really good lessons. We have the Taylor family who is all members except the husband. So we taught him the Plan of Salvation on Saturday night and it was a solid lesson. The only problem is that he will tell us when he wants to get baptized. He hates it when we ask so it sucks because we have know idea if and when he wants to get baptized. He comes to church every week and loves having the lessons and knows heaps about the church. There is also this couple Jane and Paula who was just recently baptized a week ago. They are super cool. Paula just received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday during church which was super cool. We went over to there house towards the end of the night to talk a little bit more about the Priesthood and we had a solid lesson with him and his wife about the Priesthood. He was super into it. It was super awesome! 
Man this past week was just hectic for me but it’s all good. It’s weird to think that this will be my last area and probably my last companion. Its getting weird. Thats all I have for this week. 
Love ya heaps!


Elder Shannon





No comments:

Post a Comment